GalapagosTourist.org

Galapagos » Galapagos National Park

Galapagos National Park


In 1934 the Ecuadorian state proclaimed first laws to protect the islands, which declared National Park in 1959. Later, on 1668, was crated the Galapagos National Park Services to protect biodiversity. From then on, the Institution guarantee sustainable development in the whole extension of the islands: out of the 7.882 of the terrestrial surface of the archipelago, 97% corresponds to the National and the remaining 3% is set aside to human establishments. In 1979 UNESCO declared the Galapagos Islands as Natural Heritage Site, in 1990 Whales Sanctuary, and recently, in the years 2001 the Galapagos Marine Reserve was included in the list of Natural Heritage Sites.

OBJECTIVES

Mexico Copper Canyon Tours

Copper Canyon is four times larger than the Grand Canyon, is located in the heart of the Tarahumara mountains and offers the most spectacular natural landscapes.

Adventure Life

1. To project the insular ecosystems and their biodiversity to guarantee the perp and continual evolutionary and ecological processes.

2. To promote scientific research, specifically these which help to solve problem management the GNP.

3. To promote sustainable social & economical development of the inhabitants the educational tourism, avoiding extractive activities over natural resources.

4. To involve the inhabitants, and visitors in conservation meanings.

CONSERVATION ACTIONS

1. To control the areas of the National Park to assure the application of conserve rules ordered by the GNP.

2. To repopulate the islands with endemic and native species bred in captive maintain biodiversity and the symbiotic relationship between the ecosystems.

3. To educate the population and the visitors of the archipelago to achieve importance of biodiversity and the responsibility we all have in the conservation species.

4. To facilities the knowledge, valuation and environmental interpretation of land marine natural resources for national and foreigner visitors and the whole conmen.

GALAPAGOS NATIONAL PARK RULES

The Galapagos National Park Service regulates all visitor activities within the park’s boundaries, including the vessels itineraries.

1. Trails have been designated as the official way of visiting an island. These are clearly marked with black and white stakes. Please stay on the Trails.

2. Please do not disturb any wildlife or remove any native plant or rock materials. Take only photographs and wonderful memories leave only footprints.

3. Please make sure you do not accidentally transport any live material to the islands, or from island to island. Insular ecosystems are fragile biological units.

4. Since animals show no fear of man, please remember they are still wild and should not be treated as pets or domesticated animals. There are imaginary true limits between wildlife and humans.

5. Animals are not fed by humans. This directly interferes with their behaviour, and is by all means human intrusion in their habitat. Particular attention should be given to water bottles.

6. Please do not startle or chase any animal from its resting or nesting area.

7. Smoking is not allowed on the islands, nor is the use of cellular phones.

8. While aboard ship do not throw litter overboard. If you have plastics. Please dispose of them using the plastics garbage cans located in the public areas.

9. Please do not buy any souvenirs made from native Galapagos species (except for wood). Supporting such businesses encourages more exploitation.

10. Conservation is everyone’s business. Please do not hesitate to show your conservationist attitude.

Continues on next page

Adventure Life Galapagos Cruises: choose from a variety of yachts and cruises in the Galapagos Islands, multi-sport Galapagos tours and hotel packages.